Save Our Sleep Heater Thermostat
Heatermate with shipping to New Zealand (*new shipping price now available*)
1x Heatermate unit including NZ shipping NZD$55.64
2x Heatermate units including NZ shipping NZD$95.02
3x Heatermate units including NZ shipping NZD$134.40
*Please note there are no return's on this item as per our Returns policy*
It is now a well known fact that every degree C of unnecessary heating/cooling adds around 10% to the relevant electricity costs and it is becoming widely understood that the key to managing Heating and Cooling costs lies in a precise digital room temperature control that can be achieved with a particular heating or cooling appliance.
Unfortunately, the majority of electric heaters and a large portion of window air-conditioners currently used in Australia are lacking the ability to correctly sense and digitally control the actual room temperature.
Unlike the heater/air-conditioner thermostat, HeaterMate is located separately from the heater/air-conditioner, which enables it to read the actual room temperature and precisely control it by turning the appliance ON and OFF at the powerpoint. Furthermore, by providing digital room temperature control Heatermate delivers the required accuracy of the temperature setting to enable user to save energy based on the above "10% per degree" rule.
With Heatermate you will no longer need to keep adjusting your heater/air-conditioner thermostat depending on the weather or time of the day (or night) trying to save energy – Heatermate will do it for you. The heater/air-conditioner thermostat can now be permanently set to maximum for quick initial warm up/cool down, but, once your set room temperature is reached, Heatermate will take over the control and will maintain that temperature for you.
Some helpful tips on us of the heatermate before or after purchase:
1. Please check that your heater has not been a subject of a product recall by the manufacturer or the Government, and if it has been - don’t use it (obviously).
2. Heatermate doesn’t work on its own – it relies on good and stable connections with your heater plug on one hand and with your power socket on the other, so please make sure that your heater plug is firmly plugged into Heatermate socket and Heatermate is firmly plugged in into your power socket, at all times. Heatermate can be used with a power board as long as it’s in a good condition (ideally brand new) and rated appropriately.
3. Electric heaters, especially the more powerful ones, can draw a lot of electrical current for extended periods of time, which puts quite a bit of thermal strain on all of the electrical connections in its path.
4. To avoid the unnecessary thermal strain on your Heatermate connections, use only as much power as it is required to heat your room, approximately 100 Watts of heater power per 1 square meter of your room. Typically, a 1000W heater is sufficient to heat most of averagely sized bedrooms.
5. If your heater has several power levels, select the one which is appropriate for the size of your room.
6. If you HAVE to use a higher power level (>1500W) then please:
(i) check periodically that your heater plug does not get hot when in operation and, if it does, reduce the power level on your heater to avoid possible thermal damage to Heatermate socket
(ii) check periodically the connection between the Heatermate plug and your power socket – unplug Heatermate and make sure that its plug pins look clean, with no signs of darkening. If they don’t - please stop using this power socket, it may need to be checked by an electrician.
7. Finally, it should be noted that, having a temperature sensor inside it, Heatermate provides thermal protection of its own: if heating up of any of its contacts does occur, it will turn the heater off before the things could get too hot to become dangerous, but it is still best to avoid this happening all together since it could cause damage to your Heatermate.
Submit your review
Add your review of the Save Our Sleep Heater Thermostat .
If you purchased this product with a shop account, please login before reviewing the product.